These are the reading or reviewing challenges for 2011 which I am participating in! I will update this page at least once a month with the latest qualifying titles, so check here for updates!
Click on the Images to go to Challenge Rules/Sign-Up Pages!
Last year I took on the Intermediate level, because I wasn’t sure how I would handle challenges. This year, I’m taking on the Expert level, which means that I’ll be reading 10+ graphic novels or graphic novel series!
I’m not totally familiar with Steampunk, but it seems interesting, and I look forward to attempting this challenge. I figure I’ll try the Geared level, which means I’ll try to read 5 Steampunk books in 2011. This should be fun!
- Steam & Sorcery by Cindy Spencer Pape
- The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
- The Emperor’s Edge by Lindsay Buroker
I can safely say that I am familiar with the idea of a Dystopian future, which is interesting, to say the least. Hosted by the same person who does the above Steampunk challenge, I decided to try this, too. I’ll be attempting the Asocial level, which means I’ll confront 5 Dystopian novels. It’ll be awesome.
The goal of this challenge is to read books from the library, to support them, and to enjoy them. Last year I managed to read 33 library books, so this year I’m aiming for 50. Hopefully I can manage!
- Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
- Zombies vs. Unicorns by various authors
- Stork by Wendy Delsol
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Petty Magic by Camille DeAngelis
- Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
- Dust City by Robert Paul Weston
- Five Flavors of Dumb by John Antony
- A Girl, A Ghost, and the Hollywood Hills by Lizabeth Zindel
- Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Secondhand Charm by Julie Berry